How to get started
What to Do
If You Have Storm Damage
So the weather has passed, and you think your roof may have suffered damage. What do you do next? Knowing what steps to take can be the difference between a total nightmare and a less daunting experience. This checklist will get you off to a great start.
Inspect your property. Are there any missing shingles, damaged gutters, or other signs of debris hitting your home? Take note of any destruction you find.
Document—with pictures—any damage that has occurred. This is essential when it comes to protecting yourself during the insurance process.
After you have completed the visual analysis and documentation process, it’s time to schedule a roofing inspection from a reputable roofing company like Anchor Roofing.
File Your Claim
The final step is to file an insurance claim.
Ensure You Are Getting The Best Service
Questions to ask a contractor:
1. Can I please see the contractors license for your company?
2. Can I see your proof of both general liability and worker compensation insurance?
3. Where is your office?
4. Is that the same as the headquarters?
5. Where does the owner of your company live?
6. What is the duration of your warranty?
7. What kind of training has your company done with your installers?
Questions a contractor should ask you:
1. Have you dealt with an insurance claim on your house before?
2. If so, what was the best and worst part of that experience?
3. What is the most important part of this project to you?
4. Do you currently have any leaks?
5. Are you someone who like to be involved every step of the way, or turn it over and forget
6. Are you aware of the recent deductible statute?
7. Do you have anything else around the house that was damage that needs to be pointed out
to your insurance company?
Questions to ask you insurance carrier:
1. What kind of coverage do I have? Replacement or Actual Cash Value?
2. How long do I have to get all repairs completed?
3. If I have a contract with a contractor can I avoid having my mortgage company be
“I would highly recommend Anchor Roofing. Great price ,very professional, quality work.”